Videographer / Video Editor (full time)
Report to: Director of Marketing
Location: Los Angeles Dream Center
The marketing department at the Dream Center is innovative and mission-driven. Our small but effective marketing team is working hard to fulfill the daily needs of the organization while developing the brand that best communicates the mission. The marketing department services multiple entities, including the Dream Center which is a faith-based non-profit organization, and Angelus Temple, a Foursquare non-denominational Christian church located in Echo Park.
By working collaboratively with MarCom and Creative teams the Videographer/Video Editor will be involved in the process for video and photography-related projects focused on supporting the business goals of our organization. From conceptualization to storyboarding, filming and final editing, he/she will create videos that range in length from short clips to longer forms. Creative topics will include everything from corporate and brand, commercial, event documentation, and digital marketing. The final versions will need to be prepared for various platforms (social media, website, broadcast, etc…).
Our department often produces pieces that are high quality but are looking to grow our video presence on social media. This position requires someone who is dynamic and open-minded about new ideas. We are a team that’s focused on innovating new ways to produce marketing content for both traditional and digital spaces.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce and edit video content for the MarCom team
- Support the development and production of insight-driven campaigns
- Build actionable content that drives consumer interest and action
- Work collaboratively with other producers, designers, and editors to create innovative, compelling creative
- Manage video projects and all deliverables from pre-production through post-production
- Work with the Creative team to ensure creative excellence, cohesiveness, and quality across all creative
- Edit video content to turn raw footage into seamless video products under tight deadlines and maintains video archiving in accordance with established guidelines and applicable record retention requirements
- Organize raw footage for efficient editing workflow
- Perform audio mixing, color correction, retouching, and motion graphics as needed
- Manage and maintain video resources and assets, and distribute in suitable quality and specifications on time
- Research, monitor, and be at the forefront of digital trends for potential creative content, digital trends, the latest in video equipment, and best practices in video production
- Participate in all facets of video production including pre-production meetings, concept development, script development, filming, production, directing, editing, and archiving
- Collaborate with the creative team and the department from pre-production to post-production on the creation of original, quality, and brand-specific marketing videos
- Create, develop, and guide the video concept (in partnership with the team), conduct interviews, and create storyboards
- Recruits and schedules talent for video shoots in accordance with department policies and procedures
- Determines suitable camera equipment, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for individual shoots
- Transports and sets up equipment
- Edits video and audio to ensure quality standards and compliance with the intended message to target audiences
- Occasionally supports photography needs as needed
- Delivers finished projects to appropriate team members or clients
- Flexible to work weekends and/or extended work days, as required
- Represents the department at meetings as needed
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Degree (and/or strong background) in film, visual communications, journalism, advertising, multi-media or other related fields
- Must demonstrate proven skills in filming and editing and have general knowledge about marketing and advertising
- Knowledge of video production and audio equipment and strong skills in camera operation and the ability to work with additional equipment (gimbal, drone, etc.)
- Working knowledge/proficiency in video editing software such as Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, etc
- Ability to perform basic retouch tasks, sound mixing and photo color grading
- Good understanding of simple motion graphics
- Able to handle different up-to-date delivery specs for social, online and broadcast
- An intuition for creating compelling, engaging and differentiating content through strong storytelling skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring all deadlines are met appropriately
- Comfortable & willing to keep up with the demands of a fast-moving creative environment and adapt quickly to evolving processes and environment
- Willing to roll up your sleeves in an open to creative feedback in collaboration with the core team
- Confident in tasks and duties assigned but humble, teachable and willing to learn
- Physical mobility (some of the physical actions this job entails: carrying equipment, standing for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, jogging, lifting.)
To be considered, please submit both a resume and showreel with examples of video work. A cover letter letting us know why you would like to be a part of this team, and why you would be the best candidate for this position available is appreciated.
Please fill out all required fields.
Schedule a tour
Join us for one of our weekly tours to experience the Dream Center firsthand, and hear the stories of lives being transformed for the better.
Tours are available every week, Tuesdays and Fridays at 1pm.
Hope to see you soon!