Licensed Therapist (volunteer)
DCCC clinicians are privileged to work with clients from diverse backgrounds and presenting problems. Common issues that we treat include relational struggles, as well as a history of substance abuse, child abuse (encompassing physical, mental, emotional, and/or verbal abuse), as well as sexual trauma.
While DCCC welcome clinicians from all theoretical orientation, the predominant theory practiced at the Center is psychodynamic. You are invited to volunteer as a:
- clinician who sees clients on a weekly basis, or
- guest speaker, who teaches a topic during one of our monthly didactic seminars.
DCCC is a training center, where doctoral graduate students receive advanced practicum training for 11 months out of the year. We provide our trainees with lectures on trauma, grief, working with children and families, the psychodynamic frame, termination, working in private practice, and many more.
DCCC supervisors are licensed psychologists.
Ideal candidates must:
- Possess a doctoral degree, and/or a terminal Master’s degree (PhD, PsyD, EdD, LMFT, LCSW, MSW, LPCC)
- Be licensed to practice psychology independently in the state of California
- Have training and/or experience working with Trauma and substance abuse/recovery
- Respect the Dream Center/Angelus Temple’s Statement of Faith.
We encourage applications from candidates who:
- Aspire to integrate Christianity both implicitly and explicitly in the therapeutic relationship, including in treatment planning, case formulation and service delivery
- Enjoy working with families, children or adolescents
- Are experienced in leading group therapy
Please fill out all required fields.
Schedule a tour
Join us for one of our weekly tours to experience the Dream Center firsthand, and hear the stories of lives being transformed for the better.
Tours are available every week, Tuesdays and Fridays at 1pm.
Hope to see you soon!